Calvary Chapel Lexington exists to bring glory to God by making disciples of Jesus Christ through gospel-centered teaching and gospel-centered obedience to the Word of God, all through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are a non-denominational church; however, we are in close fellowship with other Calvary Chapels worldwide.
We were founded in 2013 as an outreach fellowship of Calvary Chapel of Crawfordsville, IN.
Philosophy of Ministry
Because Jesus told Peter to "Feed my sheep" (John 21:16), our meetings focus on verse by verse expository teaching of the Bible. This gives us all we need to know for life and goodliness (2 Peter 1:3-4).
Because Jesus said that His Father desired those who would worship Him in spirit and truth (John 4:33), our meetings emphasize meaningful expressions of worship to God.
Because Jesus said that His children know His voice and are able to follow His lead (John 10:27), we do not seek to pressure or recruit people to do anything. Nor do we seek to get in the middle of someone's life and tell them what to do. Rather, we seek to point them to Jesus and have them learn to hear His voice and follow His leading.
Because Jesus said, "I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18) and also said, "Abide in Me ... for apart from Me, you can do nothing (John 15:4-5), we do not strategize methods of church growth. Rather, we keep our eyes on Jesus and wait for His leading.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. (Psalm 32:8 ESV)
Tenets of Faith
- We Believe scripture is the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We Believe there is one God who has revealed Himself in 3 distinct persons.
- We Believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and…
- We Believe man was created perfect, but through sin, fell. All men are born in sin and are separated from God and in need of a savior. (Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 5:12)
- We Believe salvation is received only by accepting the gracious gift of the only begotten Son of God who died to pay for man’s sin. This gift is received by faith alone and is not in any way earned by man’s efforts. (Ephesians 2:8)
- We Believe baptism is necessary for obedience (Matthew 28:19-20).
- We Believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a subsequent experience to salvation and the gifts of the Spirit are essential for the individual believer and the church as a whole. (Acts 1:8)
- We Believe there is a resurrection to life awaiting those who die in Christ as well as those who are alive and remain at His coming.